Lauren is a licensed clinical social worker, who provides individual psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and adults. She specializes in working with individuals of all ages to address anxiety disorders, OCD, and body-focused repetitive disorders. Lauren has received specialized, advanced, training in the treatment of body-focused repetitive disorders, such as hair-pulling, from the Trichotillomania Learning Center, as well as in the treatment of OCD utilizing exposure and response prevention, from the International OCD Foundation. She has also completed extensive training in the use of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to treat a variety of conditions.
Before receiving her graduate degree, Lauren spent several years working in clinical research settings studying the treatment of trichotillomania as well as other anxiety disorders.
Lauren’s practice is informed by Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Attachment theory, and Mentalization-based treatment. She believes in tailoring a treatment to fit the unique needs of each individual and family and values the importance of a team-approach to provide comprehensive client treatment.
PSYCHOTHERAPY TREATMENT SPECIALITIES
- Anxiety issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder & Agoraphobia
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behavior Disorders (BFRBs), such as hair pulling and skin picking
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Family issues
- Trauma and loss
- Stress and Adjustment
- Parenting issues (parent training and support)
- Treatment of Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (Trichotillomania Learning Center)
- Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, utilizing Exposure and Response Prevention (IOCDF Behavior Therapy Training Institute)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Adolescents
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Adults
- Mentalization Based Treatment (Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families)
- Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE)
- Treatment of ADHD
- Child Centered Play Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Integrative Play Therapy
- D.A.F., Falkenstein, M., Banis, M., Malloy, E.J., McDonough, L., & Rogers, K. (2015). Reliability and validity of a photo rating measure of alopecia. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment.
- Nelson, S.O., Rogers, K., Rusch, N., McDonough, L., Malloy, E.J., Falkenstein, J.J., Banis, M., Haaga, D.A.F. (2014). Validating indicators of treatment response: Application to trichotillomania. Psychological Assessment, 26 (3), 857-864.
- Rogers, K., Banis, M., Falkenstein, M.J., McDonough, L., Nelson, S.O., Rusch, N., Haaga, D.A.F. (2013). Stepped care in the treatment of trichotillomania. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 82 (2), 361-367.
LICENSES AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia (LCSW)
- Member, TLC Foundation for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors
- Member, International OCD Foundation
- Master of Social Work, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, American University, Washington, D.C.